The Australian Performing Arts College (APAC) is situated in Castle Hill, NSW and first opened it’s doors in 2008.
- All your Performing Arts requirements in one location
- Classes for ages 2-18 years (adult classes available)
- Seven excellent, fully equipped studios
- Many performance opportunities for all students
- Exams and eisteddfods for students wishing to further extend and enhance their skills
- A friendly, but disciplined environment catering for our very high achievers, but also for those simply wanting to have some fun
- Representation by the newly established APAC Agency for successful students looking to take the next step
Under the leadership of Principal Katherine Earle (RAD Tech Cert, ARAD, BA Drama, Registered Teacher trbSA) and a team of highly qualified, industry professionals.
APAC celebrated its 4th birthday last year, yet many more years of experience, knowledge and expertise have gone into it’s making. Principal Katherine Earle’s vision has reached fruition after teaching at, and running, many nationally acclaimed performing arts institutions, as well as performing professionally around the world. With the infusion of a great, accomplished and diverse staff, the dream of having a well rounded performing arts program is being realised.
Classes began in Term 2 of 2008, at Cropley House in Baulkham Hills, while the ‘new APAC home’ in the Castle Hill Home Maker Centre, was being renovated into five fully equipped dance, drama and singing studios.
Classes commenced in Castle Hill in Term 3 of 2008, and it was a very exciting time for staff, students and parents alike.
In November of 2011, APAC moved to it’s new and improved studios just around the corner on Victoria Ave. Expanding to seven custom built studios, with more office, changing and parent spaces.
The College has enjoyed much success over the past four years.
A note from the Principal
The many APAC course options are designed to produce rounded performers, but also have the ability to suit students who would like to focus on one area of the performing arts. APAC also has students who attend purely for the enjoyment and exercise of participating in classes.
There are no other extra curricular schools in the Hills district to offer such a large range of subjects, to a very high standard, with outstanding teachers. Whether you would like to have a career in the performing arts or just simply come and have some fun, at APAC you will be taught by Sydney’s leading professionals in facilities that are second to none.
- To cater for the raw beginner to the advanced performer
- To provide an exciting, vibrant, professional and friendly performing arts environment for students of all abilities
- To offer diverse experiences and options for students to become well rounded and successful performers
- To contribute to the personal and social growth of each student
- To be a leader in performing arts education in NSW
The seven custom built studios at APAC offer students an outstanding, professional and fresh environment to ignite creativity. The studios are fully equipped with dance floors, barres and mirrors. The singing/recording studio is fitted with a PA system, microphones, keyboards and recording facilities.
The college also contains designated change areas for students, a comfortable foyer area for parents to relax as well as kitchen facilities.
APAC’s uniforms are of the highest quality and are divided into colour schemes by three age groups. Uniforms, much like at school, encourage teamwork, a sense of belonging and equality. They also allow APAC’s teachers to monitor each student’s technique, enabling them to receive the best feedback and tuition. Uniforms also represent the high standard of professionalism that APAC upholds.
Fee help for larger families
If you have two or more children attending APAC, you will receive a reduction in fees.